Friday, November 13, 2020

My new homemade model railway controller.

 

One of my passions is eletronics, and when I mix my other passion: trains. This came on! Is my newest model train controller. It uses the "feedback" system soo when you are driving a motor for example at 4Volts the controller will output 4Volts but let us imagine that the motor for some reason gets stuck in something, the controller will increase the voltage until the cuurent drawn go to a lower level again! This kind of system just have a little problem... If the motor gets really stuck, the voltage will increase but since the motor will not move the current will raise and the motor will fry, basicaly... But on model railway this is dificult to do.
The circuit!
              
The wave form created on the controller's output will help getting better performance.

My homemade controller performance(up video)
All the components!
This video is a test with a standart brand controller the other one is my new controller. (is better isn't it?)



For more info send me a comment.


1 comment:

Trainspotting at Poceirão

  Another great afternon at Poceirão.23/11/2020